- Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset AH101 D8EY Review:
- Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset AH101 D8EY:
- Does this headset have a built-in microphone?
- How do I connect motion controllers if my PC doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth feature?
- Do window mixed reality headsets work in a dark room?
- What is the difference between inside-out and outside-in tracking?
- What windows version supports the windows mixed reality headset?
Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset AH101 D8EY Review:
Where VR headsets have made your gaming experience more fun and wild by making it possible for you to have a near reality experience, the mixed reality headsets have made it better for you to have fun at an upgraded scale.
The mixed reality headset opens the door of more options to explore far better than gaming. It allows you to use communicating apps and be creative and productive, along with learning.
The Acer’ windows mixed reality headset gives you a whole range of options of apps to choose from its Microsoft store and a broad range of games.
You can have freedom of movement to experience a near-real experience of the virtual world. With this unique gadget, you can enjoy virtual and real worlds just being in one spot. Its inside-out tracking system makes it possible for you to have a more realistic experience than ever.
Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset AH101 D8EY:
- Brand name: Acer
- Operating system: Window 10
- Hardware platform: PC
- Display size: 2.89″ x 2
- Resolution: 2,880 x 1,440 (1,440 x 1,440 per eye)
- Tracking sensor: Gyroscope pe, Accelerometer & Magnetometer
- Tracking Camera: Inside Out B+W VGA Camera
- Refresh Rate: 90Hz-Using HDMI 2.0, 60Hz- Using HDMI 1.4
- Connectivity: 1 x HDMI 1.4/2.0 & 1 x USB 3.0 ( cabel length: 13 feet)
- Includes: Headset, 2 Controllers & Cabel
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal Battery Required
- Color: Blue
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty
Let’s get into the detailed description of this product!
Easy to set up:
You do not need to use any heavy drilling tools to set up this headset. It is the handiest gadget you can ask for enjoying the world of your dream. You can start using it after these four simple setup steps.
- Plugin HMD
- Check your PC
- Meet your HMD
- Set up play space
After following these simple steps, you are good to go.
Exceptional MR experience:
Acer’s Mixed Reality Headset allows you to move more freely with its built-in sensors, which track your location and record the information about your activities and the environment you are surrounded with.
You don’t need to restrict yourself to a particular play space when you can have more fun with its inside-out tracking camera on the headset.
You can have a more realistic virtual reality experience with freedom of movement without getting into the problem of drilling holes in the wall for extra setup.
Adjustable headband and flip visor:
The adjustable headband allows you to tighten or loosen to make it fit perfectly according to your head circumference.
The flip visor feature saves you from the effort of removing the whole headset if you get interrupted, all you need to do is flip the visor up and interact with the real world again and flip it down when you are ready.
Freedom of movement:
With its 6 degrees of freedom of position tracking, you can have the true and complete freedom and upgraded portability experience. This 6 degree of freedom allows you to move forward/backward, upward/downward, left/right, pitch, yaw, and roll.
Microsoft store benefits:
Besides gaming, you can use this device to work, productivity apps, and communication apps such as Skype.
You can enjoy all the content available in the Microsoft store. The library is continuously upgraded to add new options for you to enjoy with better communication and creativity.
- The easy installation of this gadget makes it more convenient.
- It offers you a broad range of options for exploration and fun with improved MR technology.
- It gives you freedom of movement to explore the world outside by stimulating your senses.
- Along with gaming, you can use it for communication, work, and creativity purposes.
- The adjustable headset makes it more comfortable to fit on your head without getting too tight or too loose.
Does this headset have a built-in microphone?
No, you will have to connect an external audio headphone to its jack on the headset.
How do I connect motion controllers if my PC doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth feature?
You can use a USB Bluetooth adapter that can support Bluetooth 4.0 to enable your motion controllers.
Do window mixed reality headsets work in a dark room?
If you are not comfortable moving around in a dark room, the tracking system will have a hard time working correctly in a dark environment.
What is the difference between inside-out and outside-in tracking?
The inside-out tracking has built-in cameras in the headset that track the environment’s changes to determine the headset position in relation to the environment while you move.
With the outside-in tracking system, the headset is tracked by the cameras built in the external devices placed around in the external environment, and they follow the position of the headset in relation to the environment.
What windows version supports the windows mixed reality headset?
A windows 10 fall creator update (version 1709) or greater installed supports the windows mixed reality headset.
Other reality headsets here.